The Cedar Rapids Ice Arena is heading into its 16th year as the hub of all ice sports, and some things not in the city of Cedar Rapids. We have come a long way in the last 15 years, and accomplished many amazing things. We have been busy working on some exciting changes moving forward, so that the next 15 years is full of even more great memories... We thank you all for your support.
The Cedar Rapids Ice Arena
Please look ahead at some of our exciting new and upcoming changes!!!
- We are implementing new food and beverage items, pricing and concession stand hours
- New season passes will soon be available for purchase for the following programs; Public Skate, Stick Time, Pick-up Hockey, Freestyle, and Skate Sharpening
- We are trying to separate adult and youth drop-in hockey programs as much as possible to promote a better learning experience and a safer skating environment - Please help us support this structure by encouraging participation in these programs
- New Cedar Rapids Ice Arena merchandise will soon be available - Tee Shirts, Sweatshirts, Jackets, etc.
- New mass mailing and social networking plans to promote more concise communication regarding schedule changes, facility info, program/activity info, special event details, etc.
. . . And Many More!!! Keep checking back to see what is happening.
For more information on these, or any other changes please contact the Cedar Rapids Ice Arena administrative office
Effective July 1st, 2014 we are implementing some new rate changes, or rate policies. These changes are as follows;
- Skate rental fees will now apply to all programs/activities, with the exception of Learn to Skate
- Weekend public skate sessions will now be $6.00
- Skate sharpening additional charges of $3.00 may apply to rush/priority sharpening, or skates in poor condition
- Copy Machine Usage will now be $0.10 a copy (black and white only)
For more information regarding these changes, please contact the Cedar Rapids Ice Arena administrative office.
Due to some mechanical repairs that need to take place the 'Paint the Rink' event has been moved to August 9th.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and we thank you for your support of this event.
If you have not already pre-registered for the event, you can visit our special events page to register.